Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Pew Internet: Pew Internet - Bloggers

Pew Internet: Pew Internet - Bloggers: "The ease and appeal of blogging is inspiring a new group of writers and creators to share their voices with the world."

I tried to link to the July 19 article in NYT, but it's already in the paid archives. I'm fast running out of patience with the NYT. I'd love to read their columnists, etc., but not if they're going to extort $40/year out of me to do it. A pox on them. I hope their little premium ploy fails."

Now, what did Pew say about blogging, bloggers and the blogosphere?

A national phone survey of bloggers finds that most are focused on describing their personal experiences to a relatively small audience of readers and that only a small proportion focus their coverage on politics, media, government, or technology. Blogs, the survey finds, are as individual as the people who keep them. However, most bloggers are primarily interested in creative, personal expression – documenting individual experiences, sharing practical knowledge, or just keeping in touch with friends and family.

Pretty much sounds like me. Probably not going to get rich or famous by blogging. It may be that this is read by only by people I pay and a crazed squirrel. But I keep having the urge to do it all the same!

No comments:

If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."