Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween

It's a favorite holiday, always has been -- maybe because my birthday's in the fall. This year, the day was particularly lovely. As I said in my audio post, we are having the most amazing autumn. Day after day is dry and cold, with gold leaves shimmering against clear blue skies. I can't remember another Northwest autumn that's been anything like it. I walked from my house to the grocery at noon today, kicking through fallen leaves whose scent took me straight back to childhood. Among other things, I was buying trick-or-treat candy. I have to say, though, that I quickly grew grumpy when the first batches of kids that came to the door turned out to be about 13 with precious little attempt at a costume. They just look at you and hold their (gigantic) bags out for you to fill. Sigh. Where oh where are the little bunnies and pumpkins and fairies and C3POs of yesteryear?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fav as well (see my halloween pics) I encountered several groups of teens as well. They were generally rude, greedy and insolant. Whatever, dude. We had aprox 1000 kids and 99.9% were awesome little trick or treaters. A great time had by all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne. You guys were lucky, we had the worst fall weather here in Norway at Halloween. It was cold and snowstorm, and i can not remember last time i was that cold. BUT we had a lot of fun and Sanna and Sebastian had 4 friends with them. Sebastian and his friends was scelletons and Sanna started as Heffalomp but decided that was not scary enough, so she changed to spiderman. The weather made it actually more scary and it was a blast, they got a lot of cany and i had to pull them form the roof before bedtime..
Lots of love, Lise

If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."