I bought two pints this morning (just as I did last Saturday) and I'd post a picture, except I ate 'em all. Maybe later, eh? They are so sweet, juicy and perfect. No sugar necessary. I've had some vanilla yogurt along with, but the best bite I had was the one I plucked out of the box and ate on my way to the car. Eventually, I'll freeze some to have on cereal after the season is long gone. But not yet. Not yet.
And even then, there are blueberries, raspberries and marionberries yet to come.
By the way, did you know?
- Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside.
- The average strawberry has 200 seeds.
- Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in the spring.
- Americans eat 3.4 pounds of fresh strawberries each year plus another 1.8 pounds frozen per capita.
- Strawberries are a member of the rose family.
- Over 53 percent of seven to nine-year-olds picked strawberries as their favorite fruit.
1 comment:
Thanks to Mike, who commented on an earlier post, I'm reminded that I need to add a post about Spooner's raspberries. Had some yesterday, and I definitely will, so check back.
Post a Comment