Sunday, February 24, 2008
Did ya watch the Oscars?
Out here on the West Coast, it's not so much staying up late for the Oscars as it is getting home in time. They start at 5:30, and that's without the pre-game show -- you know, the red carpet arrivals with the insincere chit-chat and the catty wardrobe descriptions. I have to say I was as engaged as I ever have been by this year's show, but then I love me some Jon Stewart. Even taking into account films I haven't seen yet, it appears to be a very strong year for performances. And gowns, for the most part. I'd like to have seen Juno and Michael Clayton do better, but I can't say I feel anyone was "robbed." All in all, an Oscar telecast worth staying home for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."
No comments:
Post a Comment