Hmm, at breakfast I discovered there are also two couples staying, plus a grandson. They must be in the separate accomodations in the barn. But someone was snoring to beat the band next door last night and I don't think it was Bernard. I learned at breakfast that the dog was barking at midnight to signal that some sheep were lambing and there two new lambs this morning. It was a wonderful breakfast, by the way with excellent coffee.
Being a total coward about driving, I got a map and directions from Angela and walked to Looe via the Watergate and Kilminorth Woods. This was at my pace so it was a really enjoyable ramble, maybe 2.5 or 3 miles. The road went up and down a bit, but I was moving really slowly, taking lots of pictures, and also stopped to chat a time or two with people I encountered.
I'd been to the bank machine for £ £ £ and thought I might go to the local museum and to West Looe and then head back about 3 or 3:30 (after lunch, of course). The museum turned out to be closed, so I ambled around taking more pictures and deciding what to eat next. An apple shortcake from a bakery was a big hit with me, flaky and not too sweet, especially when eaten sitting in the sun on the same sheltered bench where I ate my fish and chips yesterday.
Later I had lasagne and salad for lunch. I needed that salad, I can tell you. Not surprisingly a Cadbury's hopped into my pack for the walk back....
On the riverside path, I stopped to talk with a Canadian lady and with the builders working on a traditional Cornish rock wall at a house near the watergate. Not paying attention they way I should have, I took a wrong turn at a crossroads and walked about a mile out of my way--all uphill, of course. No harm at all, just a little longer walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment