Thursday, April 03, 2008
Supplemental Post # 8
Started out in the mist, ended in warm sun: Sennen Cove, Minack Theatre, Porthcurno, Penberthy. We wandered briefly through the gimcrack atmosphere at Lands End (a shame). A lot of the day was easier walking than previous days, except for the steps coming down from the theatre. Penberthy was lovely, a village (or wide spot in the road) saved by the National Trust. We stopped to have ice cream in the afternoon somewhere in St Levant Parish. I will have to try to figure out where that was; it looked like there were cottages to let.
As to the tour, I’m glad I did it, I’m proud I did it. I don’t think I need to do it again. I really am all in. No leg cramps last night, though, unlike Tuesday -- thank God. I tried hard to stay hydrated and to stretch, I think it helped.
Found out Hannelore will be in London the night I return, so we can meet up for dinner.
The last evening’s dinner was much like the others -- very good food, nice wine, generally affable company. There is mild grumbling, broad smiling, a bit of deceptive twinkling, tall story telling, joke cracking. Geoff has kindly lent me touring map for when I have the car, which I must mail back to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."
No comments:
Post a Comment