Saturday, July 19, 2008

What I did on my summer vacation

I'm back from a week of family fun in Ohio. I put a few miles on the rental car, saw lots of folks and had a terrific time. Here are some highlights, photos coming pretty soon (as soon as I get the yard in shape!)

  • Family reunion/cookout in Columbus(if you don't happen to know, east of the Mississippi, a barbecue is a cookout and, in Ohio, it usually includes grilled brats -- as in bratwurst, not rowdy children) including the Norway branch of the family
  • Walking and talking and dog-walking
  • Wedding shower for my delightful almost-cousin
  • Scrumptious pancake breakfast at Clifton Mill near Yellow Springs, followed by a beautiful hike in Clifton Gorge Nature Preserve (thanks, Susan & Alec!)
  • Reading and dozing in the world's best hammock
  • A driving tour through Amish country in Holmes & Knox counties

Up in Poland we packed a whole bunch into two days:

  • Miniature golf

Then to Wakeman for whirlwind but very fun visit to see the Norwegians again:

  • And about as much fun as you can have in a backyard pool!

Back to Columbus, and to Washington Courthouse for

  • A neighborhood reunion at the American Legion.

I might have left something out, but I wouldn't have missed any of it for the world. I'm still resting up!


No comments:

If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."