Saturday, October 07, 2006

Busy busy

It's going to be a hectic fall from here on out, but I would have to say in a good way. Next Tuesday night I'm off to Williamsburg for a week with other folks who are also die-hard fans of the Hornblower books and films, and the Age of Sail generally. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones, gawking at the sights, going on the Williamsburg Ghost Tour, and just generally having a good time.

I have plans to spend Thanksgiving at Skamania Lodge, which is in one of my favorite places on the planet, the Columbia River Gorge. We'll be spending a night in Portland before we come home, too. Hiking and shopping in the same trip -- now that will be a packing challenge.

For the first time in I-don't-know-how long I'm going to be spending Christmas with family in Ohio, which I think will be just grand. Maybe it will even be a White Christmas, who knows?

There's also a possibility I'll be traveling to a conference between Thanksgiving and Christmas. More about that later, I don't want to jinx it.

No comments:

If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."