Saturday, October 21, 2006

It's the principle of the thing

This is a rant, skip it if you're not interested. On the other hand if you ordered anything from Neximaging.com and were cheated, you might be interested in the review of the service I received from them. It was not a happy experience. I sent this company a very small order for Parker gel pen refills -- three refills (2 each for a total of six). The green ones are no longer being produced and I wanted to horde a few.

I received one refill in a huge box. After contacting them by e-mail, I was promised by Laurie Childs that I would receive the additional refills at no additional shipping charge. When I did not receive them after two weeks, I inquired again and was told they had been shipped. They never arrived.

I wrote back giving a reasonable deadline in which to receive a credit to my account or the refills. Neximaging, which also apparently does business as advanceimage.us, did not respond. Since I ordered using a debit card and not a credit card, I have little recourse except for this note on my blog. I see I am not the first to air a consumer complaint about Neximaging. (The company displayed a cavalier attitude in response to this issue as well. Quelle surprise.) Oh, and check this out -- not just one bad review, a BUNCH of bad reviews. I figured for the small amount of money, it was worth the risk, but next time I will do my homework and heed what I learn.

I hope that anyone who searches for Neximaging or advanceimage and finds this thinks twice about doing business with this dishonorable, shoddy company. If they treat small customers this way, imagine how they must treat people and companies when real money is at stake. Shame on them.

Next time, I'll know better.

Keywords to help this pop up in search engines: neximaging advanceimage.us complaint review consumer protection coupon

UPDATE 11/27/06. Through the intervention of the Maryland Attorney General's Office my account has been credited the amount Neximaging owed me for not shipping the refills. The Maryland AGO took on this very small matter willingly and efficiently. I had a phone call from a mediator and they got this resolved promptly. I'm quite sure the company would have done nothing without the mediator's intervention.

No comments:

If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."