Sunday, December 03, 2006

For the moment, I'll leave you with this

I'm headed out of town to a conference for a few days. Yes, it's true, they are forcing me to go to Las Vegas in December when it is 33 degrees here and in the 60's there. How that can be I do not know, but I'll try to bear up and have some pictures and maybe narrative for the blog when I come back.

Here's what you might chew on in the meantime. I used to be a huge fan of the radio show A Prarie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. It's still a great show, I've just moved on to other things. I've been looking forward to seeing Robert Altman's film based thereon, though; and was sad to hear that he had died. He was 81 and left a wonderful body of work. The reason I'm rambling on is because of the moving, unsentimental tribute to him that is currently on PHC's homepage, entitled "To Go in Full Flight, Doing What you Love." Read it, and read the Sonnet for Bob you'll find there, too.

It'll do you good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just checking my e-mail and remembered your blog, which I have bookmarked. You've been busy!

Looking forward to seeing you next month, hopefully in Eugene.

Take care and keep writing!

JC

If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."