This may be the last time I get to post before heading home from London on Tuesday. Later this afternoon I'll be saying 'Ha det!' to everyone in Drøbak and flyng from Gardermoen (one of my favorite airports) to Heathrow. Then it should be a repeat of my previous arrival in London -- Tube to Earls Court and around the corner to the Mayflower where I hope to hell they have saved me a quiet room (knock on wood).
The London forecast is looking pretty iffy for Monday so I've been trying to come up with an inclement weather alternative to a ramble around Hampstead Heath. Originally, I was going to an exhibit called A New World at the British Museum, but I'm not sure I could get a ticket without queueing and I won't want to spend time doing that. So, the Tate is an alternative as is a return to the Wallace Collection. I'd also consider another London Walk if it's not pouring. We shall see. And while I can't really buy a lot because of the very strict luggage restrictions, there's always window shopping.
I hope to meet up with a work colleague and his wife later in the afternoon, then it's off to see Boeing Boeing at the Comedy, Patricia Hodge having replaced Frances de la Tour. Tuesday morning, I'll be taking the Tube back to Heathrow and then home.
What did we do yesterday? Went to Ulvøya for a fantastisk lunsj, conversation, and a ramble on the beach. It was dramatically windy and gorgeous. This morning we walked down to Drøbak so I could do a little shopping here. Such a lovely town, perched by the fjord, gleaming white and full of flowers, especially lilacs and tulips at the moment. Mustn't forget the obligatory lunch of pølser (they have the best hot dogs in the word here, perhaps excluding dogs at your favorite ball park) and iskrem. I don't think that needs any translation. Emphasis on the krem.
The time has whizzed by, especially here in Norway. Check back later for updates to this post (links, photos, etc.) and a report on my last day in London.
2 comments:
Jeg skriver på norsk her, det ser ut som du skjønner det. Jeg har lastet ned hele bloggen din så nå skal jeg lese den offline. Jeg bor på Askøy, like utenfor Bergen - og viss du gidder kan du kikke innom :
hmikkel2.blogspot.com - min blogg. Jeg gleder meg til å lese om bl.a. London, "min" by i England.
Tusen takk for hygelig besøk på min blog!
Post a Comment