Sunday, August 05, 2007

This, that and the other thing

Hmmm, haven't been too good about keeping up lately. I do plan to write up my National Guard Day VIP adventure from June 24 (working title: A Tale of Two Weekends, Part I), but I've been procrastinating because I don't have all the pictures yet. If I don't have them by next weekend, I'll do the writing part anyway.

I found a great way to clip and save stuff from the web, especially various articles from the New York Times which are always cluttering up my hard drive. I subscribed to Times Select for a few months because it includes extra content plus a clipping service but I really did not use it all that much, plus I am put off by the cost.

For regular Times content you can click on "Share" and among other options, you can select a "permalink" to the article. A note says

To link to this article from your blog, copy and paste the url below into your blog or homepage. Using this link will ensure access to the article, even after it becomes part of the NYT archive.

So you can continue to have access to the whole article this way, apparently even photos and other graphics. This is great, because after Times content goes into the archive, you normally have to pay to access it.

I typically clip recipes, the odd book review, and articles on travel and technology. So if you are looking for a recipe for shrimp deviled eggs or a review of DSLR cameras, you could do worse than browse through the page I created at Tumblr. It has a few other bits and pieces to it, but it's basically a scrapbook that complements this blog.

This morning a friend and I headed out, cameras in hand, for the Thurston County Fair. Newflash, kids and animals are still photogenic. What I didn't realize is what good greeters goats make.  More photos here.

No comments:

If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."