Sunday, October 07, 2007

Autumn on Puget Sound

Hello friends and neighbors,

It's been a long, long time. I see I stopped blogging actively around the time I took off for 10 days in Ohio (more about that soon, I hope). I definitely want to at least write a "catch-up" post about that, and I still "owe" a post about my adventures at the Yakima Firing Range on National Guard VIP Day.
Well, I seem to be saying it all the time now, but bear with me. Work has been either a sprint or a marathon pretty much every week since I got back from vacation. No point in boring anyone else with the details, but being this over-committed is just no fun.

A lot of sidebar items are out of date; I'll have to get back to updating them when I can. Just finished reading No. 14 in Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey-Maturin series, irresistibly named The Nutmeg of Consolation. I'm starting the next, The Truelove, along with Broken Trail, set in the Old West. And I literally just got back from seeing The Jane Austen Book Club (excellent), so I'd better read that, too.

The photo above is from a day trip to Whidbey Island last weekend. More photos up now on Flickr. It was too short and yet that was all the time I had to spare. Got some nice photos, though, and I've missed doing that. I still am not done editing photos from Ohio and must get that done.

I hope this post will help me get back into the habit of working on photos and getting them posted as well as updating the blog. By the way, I did happen to have lunch with Sandra Day O'Connor last week . . . .

1 comment:

Princess said...

Enjoyed your Flikr pictures of Whidbey Island! Haven't sat down to read a good book for years! My, oh my!!!!

If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."