Sunday, February 03, 2008

Bits and bobs

I have some quotes I've been saving up, so here they are:

Better to write for yourself and have no public than write for the public and have no self.
--Cyril Connolly

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
--Albert Camus

God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant, the ant. He has no real style. He just goes on trying other things.
--Pablo Picasso

I may have been born yesterday, but I've been up ALL night. -- Val Blumberg, High Society

If you want things to stay as they are, things will have to change. -- Giuseppe di Lampedusa

Man, if you gotta ask, you'll never know -- Louis Armstrong, asked to define jazz

You can observe a lot by watchin'. -- Yogi Berra

You cannot step twice into the same river; for other waters are always flowing on to you. --Heraclitus

This letter is long because I didn't have time to write a short one. -- Pascal

Perhaps my favorite:

Everything has a crack in it--that's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

No comments:

If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."