Sunday, February 03, 2008

Welcome back

Hello to you and welcome, whether you've stopped by before or not. As a brief re-cap, I shut up shop at my previous blogspot address back in November and, not unusually, it's taken me a while to get re-organized enough to open things up here at my new location. Links and whatnot in the sidebar have been updated, but there's always more to do....

Why "Peripatetic"? Well, it means "walking or traveling about", or a person who walks or travels about. That's me, or I'd like to think it is -- or maybe it's just my memory that walks and travels about. Anyhow, that's my new name. It'd be swell if you left a comment to say what you think.

Why "knickknick"? It's a variant spelling of "
kinnikinnick", the Native American name for Arctostaphylos uva-ursi or bearberry, a common and attractive Northwest ground cover. There's nothing to read into this choice, I've just always liked the word!

No comments:

If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."