On my sleepy way home the morning of December 30, I went into the Starbucks on Meridian Road and noticed this photo while waiting for my double tall soy latte. The real "Mr. Darcy" was not to be seen (isn't that always the way?), but I whipped out my cell phone to make a record of the encounter.Tuesday, January 01, 2008
What is it with Pride & Prejudice in Bellingham?
Just got done flying in and out of Bellingham on Skybus. The whole trip was oddly bookended by references to Jane Austen's most famous novel. When I checked into my motel on December 20, the young, Asian-American desk clerk was reading Pride & Prejudice. I asked him if it was for school and he said no, he was on a break. He just thought it was time he read it, but he was only on page 10.
On my sleepy way home the morning of December 30, I went into the Starbucks on Meridian Road and noticed this photo while waiting for my double tall soy latte. The real "Mr. Darcy" was not to be seen (isn't that always the way?), but I whipped out my cell phone to make a record of the encounter.
On my sleepy way home the morning of December 30, I went into the Starbucks on Meridian Road and noticed this photo while waiting for my double tall soy latte. The real "Mr. Darcy" was not to be seen (isn't that always the way?), but I whipped out my cell phone to make a record of the encounter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."
No comments:
Post a Comment