Saturday, March 29, 2008
Supplemental Post # 3
Up for breakfast by 8:30 -- Joe was already knocking on my door. We only had a little time before taking off in different directions, so we walked around the soon-to-be-leafy squares of Bloomsbury & the University of London. It was fresh and quiet. Took a few minutes to zip down the street and book a room at the Crescent for when I return -- the Harlingford only had doubles. Then we walked up to Euston Road and each went our separate directions. I was looking forward to my walking adventures, but had so much fun walking, talking, and visiting pubs with my nephew, even if was only for 36 hours.
A nice man helped me with my luggage going down the steps into Euston Square station. I never take more than I can manage, but help is always very welcome! I made it to Paddington in good time, was on the train and in my seat 20 minutes early. No fuss, no muss.
Loooong trip, but the scenery was engaging much of the time -- elegant Bath, the dramatic red coastline starting at Exmouth. The back of my car was full of very young, very lively sailors returning from leave. Bless them.
I met my fellow walkers around 7 for dinner. The tour is only five people, including the guide. I thought I might be the youngest! There are two men and two other women, respectively from Wales, New Zealand (transplanted to the UK), Oxfordshire, and Germany. Even that first dinner was not too awkward -- good talkers as well as good walkers. Really good food here, and my room is a palace after London. Shower and tub both!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."
No comments:
Post a Comment