Sunday, March 30, 2008
Supplemental Post # 4
Met Joe for breakfast (theoretically) at 7:30, then we walked down to the Embankment via the British Museum and the Inns of Court. Temple Church, sadly, was closed. We took the boat to Greenwich from Westminster Pier. Although the weather was fine in the morning, it clouded up and squalled in the afternoon, but we did OK. In Greenwich, we walked up to the Observatory, toured the pictures in the Queen’s House, lunched in a pub (shepherd’s pie, left without my backpack - camera and all - and had to go racing back), and walked through the covered market. Joe got Sebastian a soccer jersey. Stopped in another pub -- well you know, it’s a bit damp out -- then back upriver to Westminster. We walked to Trafalgar Square and Picadilly, this time via Jermyn Street and the Royal Arcade before getting up to Picadilly Circus. Sanna gets a bear in a bearskin hat and I found a black Kangol beret to replace the Anne Klein I had lost. We then made our way back to Bloomsbury on foot via several more pubs. We ended up eating dinner in the Yo! Sushi branch in Brunswick Center. I’d been wanting to try one of these places. It was delicious and friendly and fun. After dinner we stopped into the Marquis Cornwallis on Marchmont near the hotel. I have to say, pubs are SO much more pleasant now that they are smoke free. This one has scrubbed pine tables and lots of little white candles -- almost Scandinavian, now that I think about it. At this point, I left for bed and Joe headed back to the West End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."
No comments:
Post a Comment