Sunday, February 25, 2007

Reporting in (Silver Screen Edition)

OK, the Oscars are over, only -- what -- about an hour late. Too many things I haven't seen this year for me to start venturing opinions. But, how could Martin Scorsese not have won before now? How could Peter O'Toole never have won? Not that anyone who did win was undeserving. Favorite acceptance speech: Forest Whitaker. Favorite gown: Rachel Weisz. Like you care. ;-) Favorite musical performance: Beyoncé. Favorite unclassifiable performance: Pilobolus, too cool! Anyway, time to fire up Netflix and catch up on The Departed, Babel, etc.


Friday I saw Amazing Grace, which I had eagerly awaited as a longtime fan of Ioan Gruffudd. It did not disappoint. A very moving film, recommended. My assistant lent me a copy of The Guardian, which I sat down with yesterday afternoon thinking I'd give it a try. I stayed right with it -- a very entertaining adventure film about Coast Guard rescue swimmers. I know, I know. I've never been that nuts about Kevin Costner or Ashton Kutcher, either, but if you like this type of film, give it a try. It's really pretty good.

No comments:

If you got all the way down here, you are my hero. Don't forget to click on "Older Posts, though...."