After the parade it was time to head for the barnehage for a graduation celebration, something to eat (polser!) and a raffle. Somebody I know won a really cool soccer ball!
Then back up to Holterteigvein for a little more to eat, a little more visiting, and preparations for the afternoon parade, the borgertorget (citizen's parade). I was lucky enough to receive an invitation to march along with the Boat Club; I only needed a "hat", which turned out to be a wreath of flowers.
It was such a kick to see Drøbak from thi
s perspective. We walked from the harbor, all through the town on main streets and side streets, all lined with flag-waving, hallooing families, youngsters, and oldsters in bunad or their Sunday best. This is such a wonderful holiday. It seems to be about food, flags, and smiles. There is so much affection on everyone's face, for the day and for each other, that you cannot help but be buoyed up by the emotion. Wouldn't have missed it for the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment